Adama Bumper 625
Adama Bumper 625 controls Dollar Spot and Spring Dead Spot in lawns. It can be used on a range of turf varieties including couch.
This product is used very effectively on our Turf Farms on the Kikuyu and Buffalo as a preventative measure against Spring Dead Spot.
Spring Dead Spot
For Spring Dead Spot, apply BUMPER® 625 as a soil drench and water in immediately, ensuring thorough movement
into the rootzone. Spray in January to March, after renovation and recovery of active growth. Make a second
application one month later where infection is severe. It is best not to renovate treated greens until active growth has
recommenced in Spring. DO NOT spray in the Spring/Summer period prior to renovation. BUMPER® 625 may cause
bleaching of the grass after application in late Summer/Autumn and also produce a greening effect in the following
Spring. Couch may be slow to recommence active growth in the Spring, particularly in cooler regions. These effects
should be allowed to grow out before treating again.
For Dollar Spot apply when conditions are humid from September to March and apply a second application 14 to 28 days later if necessary. Apply at 12 – 24 mL/100 m2 in 10 – 20 L water. Use at lower rates if using as a preventative program and higher rates if infestation is prevalent. Irrigate within 3 to 4 hrs after application.
Use a sprayer designed to apply high volumes of water up to the point of run-off and matched to the host plant being
sprayed. Set up and operate the sprayer to achieve even coverage throughout the plant’s canopy. Apply sufficient
water to cover the plant’s leaf to the point of run-off. Avoid excessive run-off. The required water volume may be
determined by applying different test volumes, using different settings on the sprayer, from industry guidelines or
expert advice. The required dilute spray volume will change and the sprayer set up and operation may also need to be
changed, as the ornamental crops grow and mature.
- Systemic movement in the plant providing up to 28 days control
- Excellent Residual performance that protects the plant from the inside out
- Economical for large area use Ideal for treating sports fields, fairways, larger turf areas
- Possesses both Curative & Preventative Activity Fits well into a programmed approach for disease control
When Not To Apply
- DO NOT apply more then twice per year.
- DO NOT apply in spring summer months prior to renovation.
- DO NOT apply to dormant or weak grass sward after renovation. Make sure turf is actively growing.
- MAY cause bleaching of turf after application.
- MAY reduce growth. DO NOT reapply until grass leaf is growing again.
- DO NOT graze livestock on turf for 4 weeks after application.
propiconazole 625 g/L
Mode of Action
Propiconazole, the active ingredient in BUMPER® 625 is a systemic fungicide that once absorbed by roots and leaves
moves upwards within the plant. BUMPER® 625 fungicide possesses curative, protective and eradicant activity when
controlling turfgrass fungi.
BUMPER® 625 is a Group 3 fungicide. It works in controlling turf pathogens by disrupting the fungi’s membrane
function. It is classified as a DMI inhibitor as it stops the demethylation step in the biosynthesis of ergosterol, a vital
component of cell walls in many fungi.