Spartan Herbicide is a pre-emergent herbicide that can be used as an effective tool to control annual weeds (Summer & Winter).
Spartan Herbicide selectivity is primarily through soil profile placement. Small-seeded plants take up greater amounts of the herbicide as they germinate in the soil profile zone of herbicide placement. Warm Season grasses can be less prone to root inhibition due to the fact they have a multiple fibrous root system, hence good even coverage and incorporation is required to ensure the weeds cannot recover by establishing roots outside the zone of herbicide activity.
Application should be prior to germination of the weeds.
- Effective against all major annual grass weeds in turf during summer and winter
- Season-long control of annual weeds
- Reduces future weed set and germination
- Reduces the reliance on costly selective post-emergent herbicides
- Unscheduled (exempt from poison scheduling)
- Minimises nutrient and sunlight competition from annual grasses
- Application compatibility with wetting agents
- Low odour formulation
- Economical solution for your main annual weed problems including African Lovegrass, Parramatta Grass, Summer Grass, Crab Grass, Crowsfoot Grass and Winter Grass
- Flexibility to delay wash-in for a few days if necessary
Spartan Herbicide can be used on the following established turf varieties:
- Buffalo Grass
- Bahia Grass
- Common Couch
- Hybrid Couch
- Queensland Blue Couch
- Seashore Paspalum (Velvetene and Saltene)
- Carpet Grass
Barnyard Grass (Echinochloa crus-gali), Crab Grass (Digitaria sanguinalis), Parramatta Grass (Sporobolus africana), Rat’s Tail Fescue (Vulpia myuros), Summer Grass (Digitaria sanguinalis), Crowsfoot Grass (Eleusine indica), African Lovegrass (Eragrostis curvula), Bahia Grass (Paspalum notatum), Kentucky Blue Grass (Poa patensis), Paspalum (Paspalum dilitatum), Winter Grass (Poa annua)
DO NOT blend Spartan Herbicide onto dry fertiliser or any other granular material.
DO NOT apply to turf under stress.
DO NOT apply to golf course putting greens or bowling greens.
DO NOT apply to newly seeded, sodded or sprigged turf. Delay application until turf is at 100% cover and root system is developed beyond a 3 cm depth.
DO NOT apply if heavy rain has been forecast within 48 hours.
DO NOT apply to waterlogged soil.
DO NOT irrigate to the point of run-off within 3 days of application.
DO NOT apply to turf which is not well-established.
DO NOT apply with aircraft or through any type of irrigation equipment.
Click Here for SDS